How to Register For SNAP 2013 ?
A. SNAP Registration Process
Back To Top
- Please read the entire document, especially Section 4, before filling in the online registration form.
- Register online on www.snaptest.org (from September 5,2013 to November 22, 2013).
Note: Any Changes in the online application form can be made only up to the closing date of Registration i.e. Friday, November 22nd, 2013. No change is permitted after this under any circumstances.
- Upload your latest scanned photograph to establish identity.
B. Modes of Payment for the SNAP Test process
Given below are instructions for payment of SNAP Test fee of Rs.2,000/- (from September 5, 2013 to November 26, 2013).
ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH CREDIT CARD
The candidate may pay directly through Master or Visa card online by following the instructions on the SNAP website after the registration.
ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH NET BANKING:
The candidate may transfer SNAP test fee to Symbiosis Test Secretariat account using Net Banking option after the registration.
PAYMENT THROUGH CASH:
PAYMENT THROUGH DEMAND DRAFT:
- After online SNAP 2013 registration print 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan' from the SNAP website. It is in 3 parts. Pay Rs. 2000/- in cash at any Axis Bank or Indian Bank branch in your city. Refer to the list of branches on the website. The bank will return two stamped parts of the 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan' to the candidate.
- Candidates need to keep the Candidate copy as payment receipt. Sign the stamped 'Symbiosis copy' of the 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan' and send it to the "Symbiosis Test Secretariat" at the address given in this page.
Obtain a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 2,000/- from any Nationalized Bank in favor of "Symbiosis Test Secretariat
" payable at Pune.
Fill DD details in the DD payment option in SNAP website and take a print out of 'Payment Advice' form for DD and send it along with the DD to the "Symbiosis Test Secretariat
" only at the following Address. The photocopy of the Demand Draft should be retained for future reference.
Demand Draft (DD) for the following institutes program should be dated 14th December 2013 or earlier and should reach STS on or before 24th December 2013.(for SIBM-P, SCMHRD, SCIT, SIBM-B and SIMC-P)
Demand Draft (DD) for the following institutes program should be dated 09th January 2014 or earlier and should reach STS on or before 12th January 2014.(for SICSR,SIIB,SIMS,SITM,SIOM SIHS SIMC-B and SSBF)
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT,
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi,
Dist.: Pune – 412115
Phone: 0020-39116226/ 27
Back To Top
- All disputes between the candidate and the Symbiosis Test Secretariat shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of Pune city and by Arbitration only.
- SNAP Score will be valid only for admission to all MBA Programs of Symbiosis International University for the academic year of 2014-15. (Note: - SNAP Test result will be declared on 9th January 2014 on www.snaptest.org and will be available upto 10th February, 2014.
C. Important instructions regarding Admit Card
1) SNAP Test
Admit Card should be printed from the SNAP website [www.snaptest.org]
which will be available from, Monday, December 02nd, 2013, till Sunday, December 15th, 2013.
Admit Card along with Photo Identity proof should be carried to the Test Centre at the time of the test. An acceptable photo identity is any one of the following,.
- Driving license.
- College / Institute identity card.
- Credit card with photograph.
- Voter ID Card.
- Pan Card
- AADHAR Card (UID)
Please ensure that your latest passport size,colourphotograph is pasted on the Admit Card at the place provided for and duly attested by Gazetted Officer before appearing for SNAP Test 2013.
An authorized person from Symbiosis International University will verify and authenticate your Admit Card against the photo-id. Please preserve this authenticated Admit Card for further PI-WATprocess.
Candidates should note that an authenticated Admit Card is an important document without which the candidate will not be permitted to appear for further selection processes of SIU. If the Admit card is lost, a duplicate Admit Card will not be issued
. It should be retained till the admission process is over.
Back To Top
A. PERSONAL INTERACTION and WRITING ABILITY TEST (PI-WAT)
Writing Ability Test (WAT) is a part of the selection process at Symbiosis International University (SIU) for getting admission to the MBA program. Total 15 marks have been allotted for WAT. It consists of two parts, Part-A and Part-B.
Writing Skills: 10 marks
Creativity and Critical Thinking: 10 marks
Part A + Part B = 10+10 = 20 marks to be scaled down to 15 marks.
While writing skills, creativity and critical thinking are integral requirements for SIU MBA candidates, due credit will be given to the quality of content while evaluating candidate submissions.
Every candidate will also go through the process of Personal Interaction conducted by a panel of experts as finalized by the Admission Committee and this will carry 35 marks
B. SHORTLISTING FOR PERSONAL INTERACTION AND WRITING ABILITY TEST (PI-WAT)
- PI-WAT will be conducted on 7th, 8th, 9th, 14th, 15th& 16th February, 2014 at Pune (Lavale, Hinjewadi & Kirkee), Bengaluru and NOIDA.
- Candidate will be able to see his/her shortlisting status in each of the program that he/she has applied for.
- Candidates will be allowed to choose their slots on line. It will be on first come - first book basis.[Details in Section 4 (E)]
- A candidate will be required to attend only one (PI-WAT)process irrespective of number of programs he/she has applied to. The marks obtained will then be counted for each of the programs for the final merit list for admission.
C. Computation of Academic Profile Score
D. SIU will compute the Academic Profile Score as follows:
AP = (A*1) + (B*1.5) + (C*2.5)
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the (PI-WAT) process based on their performance in the SNAP Test Score & Academic Profile Score
- i. SNAP Score scaled down to 40
- ii. Academic Profile (AP) Score scaled down to 10 (Details in Section 4 C)
The score computed as a sum of (i) and (ii) will be the total score and percentile equivalent will be drawn on this score which will be communicated to the candidates as his/her percentile:
|Weights for short listingfor PI-WAT
|SNAP Scoreout of 180scaled downto 40(A)
||Academic Profile(AP) Scoreout of 15 scaleddownto 10(B)
- The above score will be converted to percentile and the respective institutes will communicate the cut-off score to the University. University will announce shortlisted candidates for respective program (s) of the institutes (16th January 2014).
- Each candidate will be sent an email indicating the institutes he/she has been shortlisted for the Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT). This information will be also available online.
Where A = Score assigned to 10th Marks.
B = Score assigned to Std. 12th Marks.
C = Score assigned to Graduation Marks.
Tables below show how scores for A, B & C are assigned
|Percentage Score in X Standard Examination
|> = 80
|Percentage Score in XII Standard Examination
|> = 80
E. Rules regarding marks to be considered for computation of Academic Profile score
|Percentage Score inGraduation Examination
|> = 75
While computing marks of Std. X, XII & Graduation, candidate should adhere to:
Back To Top
- All the subjects that appearin the mark-sheet of 10th and 12th Std. examinations will be considered irrespective of whether the Board/University considers them for calculating the percentage.
- For candidates who have passed from the IB board, given below is the table for conversion of IB grades to marks:
||Indian Equivalent Marks
This is the official conversation scheme, when giving predicted or provisional grades
schools can use this for calculating the equivalent marks on a scale of 1 to 100 by giving
the midpoint of the range indicated for a particular grade.
- Graduation Percentage - For bachelor's degree, marks obtained in all the subjects as mentioned in the mark-sheets in all the years will be taken into account. If a candidate has a 5 year integrated Master's degree, percentage of marks obtained in the first 3 years will be considered as bachelor's degree percentage. For candidates appearing for their graduation examination, theaverage percentage of the marks obtained in all the previous semesters will be computed.
For conversion of CGPA Grade to Marks, the following formula will be applied:
P= Percentage score after conversion
Example 1: CGPA 4 on the scale 7
Then P = 4 * (100/7)
Example 2: CGPA 3.2 on the scale of 4
Then P = 3.2* (100/4)
Example 3: CGPA 6.8 on the scale 10
Then P = 6.8 * (100/10)
- Candidates should fill information regarding percentage scored in 10th, 12th, and Graduation in the application form very carefully by following the procedure and rules mentioned above.Any misrepresentation of marks by the candidate will lead to the candidate being debarred from PI-WAT process.
F. BOOKING OF PI-WAT SLOTS BY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES
The candidate will be required to book the location, date and time slot for the common PI-WAT process.
Information of the process to be followed for booking of slots will be communicated when the shortlist is announced
After the PI-WAT process is completed, the University will declare the final merit list for each program category-wise.
WEIGHTS FOR FINAL MERIT LIST FOR ADMISSION TO THE MBA PROGRAMS OF THE CONSTITUENT INSTITUTES OF SIU
SNAP 2013 for MBA programs commencing in 2014
|Weights for Final Merit List
|SNAP Score & Academic Profile Score
||Writing Ability Test
A candidate would also beable to see his/her selection status in each program that he/she hadbeen selected for in a consolidated format.
A) Flow chart of the Admission Process
Back To Top