Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies
Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS) set up in 1993 is a premier Management Institute ranked amongst the top B-Schools in India. SIMS is a constituent of the prestigious Symbiosis International Institute and is the only MBA institute of its kind in India and a shining example of PPP (Public Private Partnership) between Symbiosis and Govt of India - Ministry of Defence since 2002. Its flagship MBA course is primarily for Defence Personnel and their Dependents with some seats for Civilian candidates. This ideal mix of defence dependents and civilians brings out the best in both and ensures holistic development.
SIMS is an ISO 9001:2008 quality certified management institute, one of the three institutes in complete Western India which is an accredited "Centre for Corporate Governance" of the 'National Foundation of Corporate Governance' (established by Ministry of Corporate Affairs and CII) and one of the few recognised as a centre for Entrepreneurship by Department of Science and Technology. SIMS encourages and promotes entrepreneurial activities and has a small incubation centre for student entrepreneurs. Each year students are encouraged to come up with innovative ideas. Based on a rigours selection process the best ideas are then nurtured and refined to run Campus Company at the Institute.
SIMS has academic collaborations through SIU with Leeds Beckett University, UK, Bremen University, Berlin School of Economics Germany for various academic programmes. SIMS also has collaboration with IBM for conduct of SPSS certification, with IREF for Certification in Real Estate and Finance, with BSE and NSE for their certification programmes, and has on campus an ICICI Learning Matrix.
SIMS Faculty are rated amongst the best and have many research publications in top rated research journals to their credit. SIMS has numerous live projects, consulting assignments and development programmes for Corporates. SIMS breeds achievers and leaders. SIMS students have made a mark winning numerous B School Competitions, presenting papers in various Research Conferences and publishing research articles and research papers in various research journals. SIMS boasts of a very large, active and dedicated alumni network. SIMS alumni have broken into the glass ceiling and are CEOs, CFOs and many have turned entrepreneurs.
SIMS- MAKING THE DIFFERENCE
- Ranked amongst top 25 B-schools in India
- Only B-school in private sector with 90% seats reserved for wards of Defence personnel
- Compact campus with all facilities - residential, mess, sports, swimming pool, health club, auditorium, wi-fi, etc.
- Centrally located at the heart of Pune, adjacent to MH Kirkee and Pune University
- Best ROI on fees to CTC ratio (150 - 200%)
- Affordable fees which is less than even Tier - II colleges
- One of the three institutes in Western region other than IIM-A and SP Jain, which is the Centre for Corporate Governance set up by National Foundation for Corporate Governance
- Only one in the Symbiosis family having an 'Incubation Centre'
- Opportunity to learn and become entrepreneurs through running a campus company
- Large number of academic, cultural and art clubs giving students an opportunity to develop leadership qualities
- 3rd CMO Asia award for innovation in placements
- PPOs from corporate giants like Tata Motor, Credit Suisse and Deloitte, etc.
- Centre for Entrepreneurship training under certification of DST ( Directorate of Science and Technology) Government of India